Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I have never worked with so much raw meat in one day before.
Anything for Blake!!
We started the day with papa's favorite breakfast: steak, potato and egg burrito
It's a homemade mock of the Beto's version but still Blake's favorite.
At the end of sacrament meeting the primary went up to sing for the dads and Elsa sung for Blake with them. It was so cute! She was asleep the whole meeting until the kids went to the front and she cooed and giggled during the whole song. She certainly loves her papa!! I was curious as to what they were going to give the dad's at church... well I am very grateful for the ONE See's candy I got for Mother's Day because the Dads got nothing. How sad!!
Blake got to choose what he wanted for his Father's Day dinner. He chose MAN food! 20 ounces of cow, loaded mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and surprise Vernors to wash it down.


It was so good!!

SOO Juicy!!


I know it looks like blood but it's not you couldn't hold all the yumminess in, it just oozed out!
Learn how to make the Perfect Steakhouse Steak here.
After dinner he got to open presents.

I found this idea at FamilyFun.com. Perfect for Blake. You make the "Tape Measure" box out of a mac'n cheese box, cover and add the yellow strips for the tape measure ruler part that he can pull out like a real tape measure and write sweets like, "We Love You This Much" on it . Better instructions on the website but super cute idea. Thanks Disney!
He then got to watch golf for the rest of the day!
We love you Papa!! You're the best!!

3 comments:

  1. Fathers day must be the meat day! Wow! That is the biggest peice of meat EVER. How did you cook it??? I tested my luck with real bone in ribs on the BBQ. I must say they turned out AWESome!! Here are 2 great meat marinades. AUSSIE sauce, and Daddy Hinckleys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://passaroundplates.blogspot.com/2010/06/perfect-steak-house-steak.html

    I put the directions on passaroundplates. It's super fast to cook! They don't sell Aussie in Utah it's just a missouri thing and ill look for daddy hinkleys i think ive seen it at walmart. You can try your ribs again on me!! I like awesome ribs!!*drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You spoiled him... I wont show doug this post. He'll be jealous for sure!

    ReplyDelete