Thursday, May 13, 2010

2 Months!!

Our little Elsa is 2 months old!! I can't believe it!
On Monday, she had her 2 month doctor appointment.
She weighs 10 lb 4 oz
length 23 inches
Blake didn't have class the same time as her appointment so I thought it would be nice for papa to come. He tried to make every excuse to get out of it... I didn't know what the big deal was. I didn't think anything of it and brushed it off, I just thought has was being a butt-head.
Blake held her during the appointment as they checked her out, no big deal.
After the doctor was done he handed Elsa to me. Shortly after the nurse came in to give her her shots. As the nurse pined Elsa's legs down (which looked very uncomfortable) Elsa started to cry, and then the shots where given and she let out her breathless, soundless cry which breaks every ones heart. I pick her up to cuddle her and tell her it's OK. I turn around and Blake has tears streaming down his face. How heartless I felt!
I then realized the importance the role of a father has...
to guide, to teach, to provide, to bless, to protect!
That is why God made man (fathers and husbands) the priesthood holder.
Blake knew the vaccinations are good for her but broke his heart to see her get hurt. How blessed we are to have such a wonderful man we call papa and sweetie!

She wasn't this happy at the doctor's office.
We are so blessed to have such a happy baby!!

4 comments:

  1. We love you Blake! That is soooo cute! One for the journals. She is soo beautiful. We wish you guys would hurry up and decide whenyour comeing out so we can plan on something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story for Elsa's memory book! Glad the vaccinations went well. It is heartbreaking to hurt and innocent little baby (even if it's for their welfare).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kindra,
    I sorry I know this is weird, but I am a friend of Neesha's and I cannot get a hold of her since I lost my phone a few months back. Her email is no longer valid... well the one I have for her and I was wondering if you could get me her number. I found you on her blog and she never gets on there so I don't know how to reach her. You probably don't remember me I was her room mate in Idaho when I met you. We went puddle jumping after a nice rain. Anyway your baby is beautiful, and I am sorry if this is weird I'm not trying to freak you out.
    Thanks
    Macy

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's got to be the happiest baby ever! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete