Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blake William

 August 12
I woke up feeling so sick!! I couldn't keep anything down. Elsa took care of me all day. When I had to throw up Elsa would come lay on my back or put her head on my shoulder. She is such a sweet heart! I pretty much laid on the couch all day and Elsa sat or snuggled right next to me. She was so good at playing with her toys and of course we watched lots of movies. 
9:30pm Baby Blake did a roundhouse kick and broke my water. At the time I wasn't sure what had happened since it wasn't the gush of water you expect. (This is the first time my water broke before labor started and not in the hospital) 
A few minutes later Blake and I went to bed. That's when the cramping/contractions started. I laid in bed just seeing if they would stop. They were pretty constant so I got out of bed and started timing them. The next hour they went from 5 min to 2-3 min apart and getting stronger. That's when I woke Blake up. Let's say it took him a few minutes to comprehend what was going on. 
11:00pm We call Aunt Ashley so she can come stay with Elsa. We call the midwife to let her know what is happening and she suggest to head to the hospital. We quickly pack. Yes, I know I was very unprepared. We decided not to wait for Ashley and got the neighbor to sit in until she arrived.
11:30 We get to the hospital. Contractions are stronger. As they wheel me down the hallway I feel like I have to vomit  again. The nurse grabs the first thing she can find... someone's old milk shake cup. By the time I get dressed and in a bed the midwife is there. I'm dilated to a 7. Blake is doing a great job getting me through the contractions.
11:55 I'm dilated to a 10. Little Blake is ready to come out! Three good contractions full of pushes...
August 13
12:00:30 Little Blake is here!!
Blake predicted two months ago that baby Blake would come between the 13 and the 15 of August. No lie!

Blake William Thackeray
August 13, 2011
7lbs 8oz
20 Inches


I am so grateful for such a quick labor!! I was planning on trying out the natural way but I honestly didn't have a choice this time around. They didn't even have time to hook me up to an IV, which I am also so grateful for! IVs are worse than contractions! It always takes 10 sticks before they can get it in.

My beautiful baby boy!!


Some of our visitors!



Elsa is a big sister! 
The baby was the first thing she pointed out when she came into the room. She was excited to sit on mommy's lap to get a closer look.

Kisses for the camera!
Being soft.
Our family is getting so big!


What do you do with this again?

Big and Little Blake!
Can you get any more precious?
Daddy being silly.
I don't know why we have a Mountain Dew picture with all of our kids.

 Daddy's favorite pose with his boys!

 Something about hospitals make me look horrible... eek!
 Going home!!!

We are so blessed to welcome little Blake to our family!
We are so grateful to Aunt Ashley and TT, Grandpa Wayne, Grandma Susan, Uncles Owen, Dalin and Evan for helping out with Elsa!! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sweet baby boy! He is beautiful! He looked like Elsa in the photos that were sent to our phones, but looking at these he looks much different! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for little Blake! He is so precious and perfect and I cant wait to spend more time with him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you are a pro, is there anything you can't do? Doesn't wound like it. Congrats again on lil' Blake, we look forward to meeting him. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask, Alpine isn't that far. :o)

    ReplyDelete