Sunday, February 21, 2010

Utah

I tried doing one big update but things kept changing and then I would have to change it so I'll try doing one thing at a time.

Hopefully everybody knows Blake and I moved to Utah!!! We are living with Great Uncle Jim (Grandma Elsie's brother) and Aunt Ramona! The nicest people you'll ever meet. They are so wonderful to let us live in their basement apartment and we are so grateful for them!!

The second week we were here a water pipe broke in our apartment and flooded the hallway and the bathroom! EEK! Not that we didn't like the lime green (moldy cheese green as Ramona puts it) carpet in the hallway and dinning room and pink carpet in the bathroom, it was time to get ride of it!
Especially when it was smelling like moldy cheese!!

Ramona, about two weeks after the flood came down to see how the
laminate flooring that her daughter had given her would look, decided she liked it and started ripping up carpet herself. That night we had all the carpet out and started laying the first pieces of laminate!!

These pictures where quickly taken to show what it looked like before.
As you can see almost everything is moved out!!

As sad as we were to see the green carpet gone....

We REALLY like the new look!!The bright yellow stayed but I wish I had taken a picture of
the lanolium... you really would see how beautiful this picture is!
Just imagine pink carpet to match the roses on the wall...
Just look at what a new floor and a fresh coat of paint can do!!
I love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice place! Thanks for updating your blog. I miss you guys and feel... far away. When you update I feel like I know what is going on and can be a very small part of your lives! Thanks! We are looking forward to the good news of Elsa's arrival! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete